It’s a hard time of year for me to begin with and the cold weather coupled with shorter, darker days makes it even worse. To be honest, during most of the winter I feel like I’m just trying to get through.
But by the end of February/beginning of March, I start feeling like myself again. There’s a tease of more sunlight and the weather isn’t quite as brutal.
As good as that sounds, it also usually means I start kicking things into overdrive for all of the time I feel like I ‘lost’ during the winter.
I’m talkin’ longer to-do lists, playing catch-up on time with family and friends, booking huge speaking gigs…
My friend, if no one has reminded you lately:
- Your life is not a timeline
- Your life is not a to-do list
- Your life is not a competition
One of my own personal mantras is ‘choose to stop half-assin’ it.’
Choosing to stop half-assin’ it sometimes means saying no to things that you want to do.
- Sometimes that means taking a break from something you love
- Sometimes that means taking a mental health day to take care of yourself
- Sometimes that means being patient with your goals
So whether you lived through ‘March Madness’ last month or you’re in the midst of some ‘April Showers’ this month, remember this: